Mahakleshwar in Ujjian is One of the 12 jyotirlingas in India, The lingam at the Mahakaleshwar is believed to be swayambhu ( born of itself) deriving currents of power ( shakti) from within itself as against the other images and lingams which are ritually established and invested withmantra - shakti.
The glory of mahakaleshwar temple has been vividly described in puranas starting with kalidas, many sanskrit poets have of mahakal in the minds of the people eternal.
The idol of Mahakaleshwar is known to be dakshina-murti or south faced. the unique distinction of dakshina - murti worship, upnel in the tantrik tradition is realised only in mahakaleshwar.
Bhasma Aarti in Mahakaleshwar:
Mahakaleshwar is the only jyotirlinga where the " Bhasm Aarti " is performed. This 'Pooja' is done by the early morning around 4:00 AM. In this activity the Lingam is bathed by the ashes of recently died human body & taken by nearest 'Shamshan Ghat'. That is why this temple is also known for the tantrik Poojas.
Bhasm Aarti Rules :
1. For Bhasmaarti, You need to apply before one day.
2. Application for admission will be based on the seats or space available.
3. Application for Bhasmarti will be accepted only upto 12:30 Noon, after that no applications shall be entertained.
4. The list shall be declared at 7:00 PM and the admission letter will be distributed till 10:30 PM.
5. Priority shall be based upon 'First come first get' Basis.
6. Every Applicant shall be produced ID card with Photo Proof. Pan Cards are not allowed.
7. Durring Bhasmarti , the devotees shall not be permitted in corridor.8. During the ritual of Jalabhishek, ladies and gents should adorn saree and dhoti respectively.
For More Information Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call to 09977700372